Sign-up new customers from an iPad!
Congratulations to All Secure in New Zealand, who won the 2011 SSAA "Innovation Award" for their Paperless Office / iPad Signup system.
The "Paperless Office" system allows you to sign-up new customers on an iPad or Android tablet such as the ASUS Transformer (shown below). In fact, you don't just have to use a tablet computer... any internet-enabled device will work, as the digitised integration process enters data directly into StorMan as well as recording the details in an automatically pre-filled contract (agreement) as a PDF file - saving time, paper and eliminating input errors and lost documents hence increasing management efficiency.
Left: The ASUS Transformer tablet. Top-inset: StorMan on an un-docked ASUS Transformer.
There are obvious benefits when it comes to disaster recovery, too. In the event of a fire, flood earthquake or similar disaster, this innovation allows the company to re-commence as soon as possible with no damage to customer records or contracts as there is no loss of data.
The phrase ”Do It Once & Do It Right” is the core idea behind this new system - with a future benefit being the facilitation of archives retrieval (for self storage users). This means no more hunting around through old boxes trying to find the contract of someone who stored 7 years ago! This will have the added advantage of space saving and being able to convert this space saving to saleable storage space!
Left: An All Secure customer completing their agreement on an iPad
. Right: StorMan on an iPad.
The list of benefits includes some of the following...
- Less error on contract input (can set the fields to be of a certain length, or require certain characters, etc)... eliminates data input error due to dyslexia, misinterpretation or illegible
- You can force the requirement of marketing data (eg: how the customer found you, etc).
- Changing of contract conditions due to updated legal reasons is now much faster & easier, thereby preventing wastage from unused contracts, plus the time taken to reprint, etc.
- Customers no longer need to complete multiple forms or duplicate data on each form.
- The system avoids having to complete a second contract for a second unit / berth / vault / rental (or when changing the unit / berth / vault / rental). This is time wasting and inefficient.
- No more time issues in locating the correct data or the paper contract.
- Contracts can be completed on the web... i.e.: anywhere, anytime.
- Change of customers data from anywhere / anytime directly into StorMan.
- Easier, faster research and development of marketing, advertising and future growth.
- Paper contracts and the space they occupy become a thing of the past.
- Trailer / truck hire (for the Self Storage, Rental & Marina users) and insurance paper forms are a thing of the past.
- The business manager’s time is utilized more efficiently and effectively.
- The compulsory iteration of “The Main Points of The Contract” can no longer be
disputed. E.g. “I wasn't told I had to give 5 days notice”, “I didn't know I couldn't
store explosives” (for self storage users). This places the operator in a very strong legal position if necessary.
- The customer has the opportunity to update information quickly and easily at any
- A PDF file of each contract is stored on StorMan with a second copy stored on the operators web site.
- An audit log is created for each alteration.
- Customer contract losses are eliminated.
- The amount of paper used/wasted is reduced considerably.
- Carbon footprint and ink usage is reduced; more environmentally friendly.
- Time efficiency is increased through lack of duplication.
- Contracts can be completed at a satellite business operating elsewhere (if required).
- Reduced operating costs.
- Copy of contracts can be printed if required. Preferably a PDF is sent to their email
To find out more regarding pricing or implementation, please visit StorConnect or contact project developer, Steven Gardner (Deepweb) via firstname.lastname@example.org. Congratulations once again to All Secure Self Storage in New Zealand for winning the SSAA's 2011 Innovation Award!
Steven (Deepweb), Andy (StorMan), Ben (StorMan) & Keith (All Secure Self Storage)
pose for a photo
with the SSAA Innovation Award at the 2011 SSAA Awards Dinner.
Andy (Customer Experience & Marketing Manager, StorMan Software)